Physical Development at Thornton Heath Nursery School involves:
- Providing opportunities for children to be active, gain confidence and develop their gross motor skills including: large and small outside climbing and balancing apparatus, wheeled toys and bats and balls etc
- Offering a range of purposeful activities to develop fine motor control including: playing with play dough, cutting and sticking building with construction blocks, Lego and completing puzzles
- Supporting children to take measured risks
- Developing children’s understanding of the importance of physical exercise
- Developing children’s understanding about what constitutes a healthy life style
We have a dance teacher who visits the nursery twice a week. Please click here if you’d like some more information about classes she runs outside of THNS.