Mathematics at Thornton Heath Nursery School involves:
- Singing number songs and rhymes to build up knowledge and skills
- Developing children’s ability to recognise numbers.
- Providing a range of resources to support key mathematical skills both indoors and outside in the garden
- Developing children’s ability in counting through meaningful and relevant experiences
- Fostering an interest in solving simple calculations and problems using addition and subtraction
- Developing children’s knowledge of 2d and 3d shapes, space and measures using construction blocks, construction blocks and sets, cooking, sand timers etc