Thornton Heath Nursery School (THNS) admits children aged between two and four years old on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Please come in and complete an application form as soon as possible if you are interested in a place at THNS, as we currently have a waiting list. Applications are ordered by date, so we recommend applying as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
A number of different kinds of places for children are available, subject to availability:
‘Funded’ part time places for two year olds –
(15 hours per week – either mornings or afternoons. Eligibility criteria apply – please click here for more information)
‘Funded’ part time places for three and four year olds –
(15 hours per week – either mornings or afternoons)
Full time ‘funded’ places for three and four year olds –
(30 hours funded per week for working parents. Eligibility criteria apply – www.childcarechoices.gov.uk)
Full time places for three and four year olds –
(30 hours- part funded, part charged. Parents/Carers ‘top up’ is £105.00 per week for 8:30-3:30, including lunchtime club)
This option allows part time morning children to stay for longer to have lunch in school or part time afternoon children to arrive early and have lunch. As these hours extend beyond the 15 hours/ 30 hours that are funded, then a further charge applies. Parents/ carers must book a whole week in advance at a cost of £30 per week (from September 2018) and provide a healthy packed lunch for their child.
Early drop off / breakfast club from 08.00 – 08.30
Fees apply – £3.00 per day to drop off between 08.00 – 08.30 without breakfast.
- £3.60 per day to drop off between 08.00 – 08.30, including a healthy breakfast.
- If you are working a certain number of hours you may be entitled to tax credits to help meet the cost of this care. For further information please contact the nursery office or go to www.childcarechoices.gov.uk.
- Early drop off and use of the breakfast club MUST be booked in advance through Magic Booking.
- Children receive 15 hours government funded childcare starting in the term after their third birthday (or second birthday for eligible children);
- Fees are payable a week in advance and places for extended hours must be booked and paid for via Magic Booking (click here);
- If your child has a funded two year old place at the nursery they will automatically be offered a three year old place;
- As nursery is non-statutory provision we reserve the right to withdraw places, following consultation with governors, if attendance has been below 90% and parents or carers have not responded to support given to improve this. Places are in great demand and another family may be able to use this place at nursery. Please see our attendance page for further details.
THNS is a maintained nursery school and thus is bound by the admissions policy of the Local Authority (LA) – The London Borough of Croydon.
Please click here for our Admissions Policy